Welcome to the Virginia Appellate Lawyer Blog. The principal focus of the VALB will be appellate practice in the Virginia court system. While I will not shy away from commenting on significant events in the federal system, I prefer to concentrate on the law and courts of Virginia because like politics, the most significant impact the government has on individual citizens is local. To that end, I will be creating a special category in the VALB to cover the Virginia Court of Appeals. Why no the Supreme Court of Virginia? Well, because Steve Emmert’s Virginia News and Analysis already covers that court and I cannot approve on perfection. I will be putting my first post on that topic as soon as this one is finished. What else will I be discussing? Who knows? We will see where the whimsical world leads us. Welcome!
Appeal Your Case.
Get The Justice You Deserve.
- Is there a Correlation Between Being an Appellate Procedure Geek and a Data Geek? Most Likely. Here’s A First Look at What the Numbers Say About the First Half of 2022 in the Court of Appeals
- Court of Appeals Issues First Rule 5A:27(b) Opinion
- Let’s Twist Again, Like We Did Last Summer! One Published Decision Today from the Court of Appeals in a WAI Case is Full of Twists!
- Three New Appellate Judges for Virginia
- Statistics for the First Quarter of 2022