Welcome to the Virginia Appellate Lawyer Blog. The principal focus of the VALB will be appellate practice in the Virginia court system. While I will not shy away from commenting on significant events in the federal system, I prefer to concentrate on the law and courts of Virginia because like politics, the most significant impact the government has on individual citizens is local. To that end, I will be creating a special category in the VALB to cover the Virginia Court of Appeals. Why no the Supreme Court of Virginia? Well, because Steve Emmert’s Virginia News and Analysis already covers that court and I cannot approve on perfection. I will be putting my first post on that topic as soon as this one is finished. What else will I be discussing? Who knows? We will see where the whimsical world leads us. Welcome!
Appeal Your Case.
Get The Justice You Deserve.
- After the Weekend Snow, A Flurry of Opinions from the Court of Appeals
- Of Debtors’ Prison and Appellate Procedure
- Court of Appeals Rings in the New Year (a little late) with Three Opinions
- Court of Appeals Sends 2021 Out with More of a Whimper than a Bang
- Early Christmas Gift to One Litigant from the Court of Appeals